The IACFP Board of Directors and our attorneys have reviewed the Association by-laws and are proposing modifications to them. The last revision in bylaws took place in 2008. The proposed changes streamline the operations of the Association and are consistent with the current strategic plan.
The following summarizes the changes:
- The number of classes of members has been reduced from six to four.
- The board membership has:
- Been increased to a maximum of 15
- Requires a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 10 at-large members; a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 must be non-U.S. citizens
- Includes at-large board members based on the expertise and diversity necessary to attain the strategic goals of the Association.
- Been limited at-large board members to serve a three (3) year term for a maximum of six years (rather than 2-year terms for a maximum of six years)
- Changed to not include the CJB editor
- The executive director may be a member but cannot serve on the IACFP board. Their duties and authority are determined by the Board.
- Elections are only for President-Elect. Provisions for vacancies are included and details will be in policy and procedure.
- Inauguration dates are normally January 1 or immediately if a vacancy is in an officer position.
- Fiscal year is added.
- Policies and procedures statement is added.
- Finance and Membership Committee remain, Governance and Nominations are added, and Public Policy and Activities Committees are deleted.
- Non-board members can be appointed to a committee.
- Conflict of interest statement is added.
Voting on the proposed changes to the by-laws will take place through November 1, 2018.